CHESTERTON AND KINGSTON PARISH AT A GLANCE
A Bit of Background
Chesterton is a hamlet set within Warwickshire in the centre of England.
The Romans gave the village its name (Castra = an encampment, ton = a settlement) although it was inhabited for thousands of years before the Romans came. Kingston Parish joined Chesterton Parish in 1662 to form an area of 3585 acres.
The population of the village has decreased over its history, mainly due to the Plague, losing one third in 1348. Current population stands at 110 (2008).
‘Chesterton Windmill’ Warwickshire’s most famous landmark, overlooks the Parish with views towards its very ancient church.
To be updated in Feb 2020 after the next Parish Meeting
CONTACT CHESTERTON AND KINGSTON PARISH